8 reasons SUPER 8 was Super Gr8
- panoramic, storybook skylines
- extraterrestrials disrupting suburban, middle-class life
- relational struggles between parent/child
- excessive use of lens flare
You can just feel the entire film is a narrative expression of J.J. looking at Steven saying “I love you man!” However, the film isn’t just your typical, monster/alien-incursion-forces-coming-of-age-story… it also pulls our heartstrings with some pretty universal themes related to:
- coping with loss
- struggling with forgiveness
- the need for reconciliation
- being truly “known” by another
For a look at the film’s various elements contrast with parallel truths and important questions for our own lives, check out the video review.
Watch on YouTube or play/download/embed using the player below.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS